Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Reserve me please - II

In this season of making movie sequels I too wanted to jump in same pool to write a sequel of one of my previous blog. Last year I wrote a blog about caste reservation http://tinyurl.com/3rt899c. Though till that time I was thinking that to get in govt. jobs people do want to get into the elite SC / ST / OBC status. But recent news about making fake caste certificates to get admission in a DU college made me wrong.

I feel pity about these bright commerce students (science students have thousands of shops now to get BE / BTech) who are seeking admissions just to do B.Com or Eco (H). Most students who made fake caste certificate have secured more than 85%. Though their parents know this fact that just getting admission in any prestigious DU college is not the license for good career. Still they want to gamble.

I feel more ashamed when I see the reaction from our very talented education minister or from University authorities that they will bar these students to pursue their studies further.

I’m still looking for the definition of “Dalit”. There are scores of students whose parents have enjoyed the benefits of SC / ST certificates. Many of then wards of IAS / IPS officers. What exactly can be done now to remove the SC / ST tag. I’m sure for one thing needy people are still struggling to get the primary education doesn’t matter which class they belong.

Our loksabha speaker Meira Kumar 5th time MP. Former IFS officer, served in many high commissions. Despite all this she is Dalit. Examples like this are endless.

I really don’t know from which calculation I belong to upper caste.

Anyway, this is an endless discussion to talk about reservation. This is for sure no political party ever wanted to finish this practice and start giving reservation on the basis of financial status.

But at least they can correct these insane criteria of 100% cut-off system in our colleges.

I’ve few alternatives..

1. Start entrance exam like IIT for commerce students too get admission for so called Best of Best course B.Com (H).

2. Just transfer the faculties from these “prestigious” colleges to other colleges and keep moving after some time-period. So, the myth of prestigious college removed and we can have new myth prestigious university.

3. Avoid events like Commonwealth and build new colleges across country.

4. If any of above doesn’t work the please open shops for regular college courses too. Like we have for Engineering (India produces more engg. Than potatos). Thanks to mushroomed Pvt. Engg colleges and our education ministers.

Considering my academic record I’ll make sure that my son should pursue in sports (read as cricket only) if he manage to play one IPL season.. will be good enough for whole life.. :-)


Dhiraj

3 comments:

Hems Ingenuity said...

So now as talked about career in Sports and precisely in Cricket. Then how about opening a Cricket University to prepare lads for making good career in IPL sorts of business. I think we can make good money :)

Anuj Kapoor said...

well said dheeraj..and well written as well.. :) keep blogging..

Sushil said...

Written facts but, dear, BILLI KE GALEY ME GHANTI BANDHNA AASAAN NAHIN HAI.
1947 KE BAAD KE TIME SE MORE THAN 90% RAAJ JIS GOVT NE KIYA HAI YE SAARI DURGATI UNHI KEE DAIN HAI.
MAHATMA GANDHI NE BHI KAHA THA KI RESERVATION 20 SAAL TAK HI HO. LEKIN BAHRI AUR ANDHI SARKAAR KA KYA ILAAJ HAI.

With best wishes.
Sushil